Join an award-winning, public media organization, home to BPR Classic and BPR News and serving listeners in 13 counties across Western North Carolina. Come be a part of a vibrant and growing community in the Great Smoky Mountains.
BPR is seeking candidates for a new position: Digital Content Manager. As the station’s first full-time digital team member, you will have the opportunity to use your experience and ideas to shape BPR’s digital strategies and practices. You’ll work across departments to manage BPR’s digital content, connect with and expand audiences across social media platforms, and work to better serve the public with their digital information needs. You will collaborate with digital content producers in news and other departments and carry out essential day-to-day tasks with website and digital platform management. This position reports to BPR’s Director of Content.
If you’re interested in this position but aren’t sure if you qualify – apply anyway. We don’t expect you to meet every qualification and want to learn about other skills and experiences that would make this a mutual fit.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Effectively use digital platforms and social media for audience engagement.
- Have created/managed successful digital content projects/campaigns.
- Study analytics, search and social trends and use them to inform digital strategies.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment where attention to detail and accuracy is key.
- Are an excellent communicator and team player who also carries out responsibilities independently.
- Are effective problem-solvers who proactively seek solutions to challenges.
- Are comfortable with different content management systems.
- Are punctual, reliable, and willing to occasionally work weekend and evening hours.
- Are excited to support BPR’s mission of serving the public and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
What we’ll provide you:
- Investment in your professional growth through coaching and mentoring.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- A collaborative environment where managers welcome and support new ideas.
- State of the art broadcast facility completely remodeled in 2020.
- 2+ years experience in a digital content role.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in equity, diversity and journalism ethics.
- Experience in community engagement initiatives.
- Experience training/mentoring others.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with graphic design, visual production and editing (video and photography).
- Experience working at a media organization.
- Experience with project management platforms (Asana, Trello, Airtable).
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office Products or Google Suite).
We are open to remote work for the first several months of employment, but long-term the position is location-based in or near Asheville, NC.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary range is $45,000-50,000 per year based on experience. In addition to salary and Worker’s Compensation Insurance, BPR offers a compensation package that includes the following benefits:
- Employer Paid Health Insurance (BPR pays 80%, 20% pre-tax employee contribution)
- Access to Optional Group Vision and Dental coverage at employee cost
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Match up to 5% after 90 days
- Smart/Mobile Phone Stipend
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- 12 days Paid Vacation in Year One, 17 days in Years 2-5 and 20 days for Years 6+
- 10 days of Sick Leave per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to apply:
Submit your application through this online survey which requires you to upload your resume and respond to several short answer questions. Cover letter is not required. If you have questions regarding this process please email email@example.com.
Check out our careers page to see other openings at Blue Ridge Public Radio.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Blue Ridge Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Blue Ridge Public Radio are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, family or parental status, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Blue Ridge Public Radio is actively working to implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at all levels of its operations – internally and externally - and is committed to equitable policies and practices. We strongly encourage members of traditionally under-served and under-represented communities to apply to our open positions.