Business Sponsorship Account Executive
Blue Ridge Public Radio is seeking a business sponsorship sales professional to represent BPR Classic and BPR News. As an Account Executive you will be responsible for business sponsorship sales. The position is mission-driven, goal-oriented and rewarding. If you have an interest in marketing, sales, radio advertising or non-profit fundraising and want to be part of a successful team, this position is for you. Business sponsorship revenue is vital to keep public radio healthy in your community. Help sustain BPR by joining our Business Sponsorship sales team.
BPR is one of the leading radio stations in Western North Carolina. With two broadcast services, BPR News and BPR Classic, we provide 14 counties with a complete public radio experience. BPR is known and respected for the quality of its coverage of local and regional news, arts and culture, and longform storytelling that informs and reflects the area we live in.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have 3+ years of media sales with broadcast sales preferred or related business field
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive presentation techniques
- Self-starter with time management and organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships with local businesses and non-profits
- Sense of accountability and drive to meet and exceed goals
- Computer skills that include MS Office, Salesforce or similar C.R.M.
- Experience with industry related software is beneficial
What we’ll provide you:
- 80% Employer-paid Group Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 100% Employer-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Retirement savings plan with up to 5% Employer Match after only 90 days
- Sales training, management support, and onboarding assistance
- Paid time off
- A base salary in the low 30’s plus commission on revenue
- Hybrid home/office work environment
- Paid parking
How to apply:
Submit your application through this online survey which requires you to upload your resume and respond to several short answer questions. Cover letter is not required. If you have questions regarding this process, please email email@example.com.
Check out our careers page to see other openings at Blue Ridge Public Radio.
Blue Ridge Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Blue Ridge Public Radio are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, family or parental status, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Blue Ridge Public Radio is actively working to implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at all levels of its operations – internally and externally - and is committed to equitable policies and practices. We strongly encourage members of traditionally under-served and under-represented communities to apply to our open positions.