BPR Summer Raffle Rules
BPR Summer Raffle: Official Rules & Regulations
Western North Carolina Public Radio (d.b.a. Blue Ridge Public Radio / BPR is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation under the laws of the State of North Carolina for the primary purpose of operating an educational public radio station. The BPR Summer Raffle is conducted for the purpose of generating operating funds.
Purchase one or more raffle tickets during the BPR Summer Raffle to be entered in all of the BPR Summer Raffle prize drawings. Raffle tickets are $50 each. Odds of winning are based on the total number of tickets sold. Raffle entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Contest void where prohibted. Sweepstakes begin at 12:01 a.m. on July 12, 2021 and end at midnight on July 31, 2021. All times referenced for BPR Summer Raffle are Eastern Time.
HOW TO ENTER: There are three ways to enter.
- Go to bpr.org to the BPR Summer Raffle landing page and complete the online etnry form and pay entry fee with your credit card.
- Call Blue Ridge Public Radio at 828-210-4813 during regular business hours, M-F. Provide your entry information (name, address, telephone, email) over the phone, along with credit card information.
- Mail completed entry form to Blue Ridge Public Radio, 73 Broadway, Asheville, NC 28801 with your payment of $50 per ticket. Entry forms may be obtained by downloading and printing the BPR Summer Raffle Entry Form at bpr.org. Mailed entries must be recived by Blue Ridge Public Radio no later than close of business on July 30, 2021.
TICKET PURCHASES: Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Western North Carolina Public Radio, Inc. (d.b.a. Blue Ridge Public Radio / BPR) and will not be returned or refunded.
ELIGIBILITY: Present employees of Blue Ridge Public Radio and any immediate family members residing with employees are not eligible to participate. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter. Contest void where prohibited.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected at random and announced on the air on August 4, 2021. You need not be listening or present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone and email. If potential winner(s) cannot be reached after 10 days from the first notification attempt, or if an entrant is found to be ineligible, or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such prize will be forfeited and alternate winner(s) will be selected by random drawing.
- "Secret Supper" at Never Ending Flower Farm catered by Bouchon & Rendezvous - Enjoy French comfort food amidst brilliant blooms at your own private dinner for up to 12 people, catered by Bouchon on the beautiful grounds of the Never Ending Flower Farm in Barnardsville ( Prize is valued at $3,000).
- Ventures Birding Tours Trip - Explore abundant wildlife with your choice of bird watching an nature touring trips from Ventures Birding Tours, within the designated value. ( Prize is valued up to $2,000)
- New Morning Gallery Gift Certificate - Enjoy shopping for $1,000 worth of handcrafted furniture, home accessories, pottery, glass, jewelry, and more from local and regional artisans at this historic Biltmore Village arts destination. ( Prize is valued at $1,000 )
- Chow Chow Festival Tickets - Celebrate Southern Appalachian foodways and sample the unique and creative spirit of WNC with a pair of tickets to two special events: the Fermenting Change multi-course dinner with paired beverages at the Funkatorium, and the Forest as Farm flights and bites event at Hickory Nut Gap Farm. ( Prize is valued at $500 )
- Limited Edition East Fork Pottery - Winner will receive two unique hand-thrown contemporary ceramic vases from East Fork, one of the WNC's most popular studios. Featuring stoneware clays dug from the Southeast and house-made glazes of Spyder and Morel, this beautiful, durable pottery will be enjoyed for years to come. ( Prize is valued at $232 )
- Falconry Experience for Two from Curtis Wright Outfitters - Get a hands-on experience with birds of prey and learn about the ancient sport from a licensed falconer with the Weaverville-based Curtis Wright Outfitters. ( Prize is valued at $250 )
MODIFICATIONS OR CANCELLATION OF DRAWING: BPR reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMIT ON LIABILITY: As a condition of accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that BPR is not responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless BPR, its principals and employees from any claim of such responsibility.
GENERAL: Ticket purchases are not tax deductible. All sales are final. No refunds. By entering the raffle participants agree that BPR, its agents and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind which result from the date of award. The prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. BPR may use winner's name and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation. BPR reserves the right to modify these rules and will give prompt announcement of any rule changes. All decisions of BPR are final and binding in all matters related to this raffle.
TAX OBLIGATIONS: All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) must provide proof of legal ID and complete a prize claim for BPR. This is charitable raffle compliance and wll not be released for any other purposes.
AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY AND LIABILITY / PUBLICITY RELEASE OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER: The Winner must show proof of legal ID and will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liabililty Release to claim their prize.
AUTHORITY AND CONTROL: The decision of BPR shall be final in all matters concerning the Raffle. The Raffle is subject to the laws of the State of North Carolina. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law. BPR is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the Raffle's advertising and/or any printed, broadcast, or internet-provided materials or information.
RESTRICTIONS: By participating in the BPR Summer Raffle, a particiapent agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and by all decisions of BPR. For further information, please call BPR's Membership Department at (828) 210-4800, and follow the prompts for Membership.