Producer Grant Holub-Moorman Celebrates The State Of Things In 2019
The newest team member for WUNC’s daily talk show also produced the program’s first episode of the Embodied series, which explores topics related to sex, relationships and health. The series is hosted by Anita Rao and launched in July with an hour-long conversation about changing landscape of sexual education in North Carolina. Since then, the team has crafted weekly episodes for the series, featuring conversations ranging from fecal bio-art to intimacy through the ages. The State of Things producer Grant Holub-Moorman discusses his 2019 stand-out memories of the show with host Frank Stasio.
Holub-Moorman also shares other favorite shows of the year, including discussions about the legacy of the Tuscarora War; rebuilding Ocracoke Island after Hurricane Dorian and how radio can compete with on-demand listening.
Highliting some of his favorite local musicians that joined The State of Things, he takes us behind the scenes of their live performances in the WUNC studios. Sharing memories listening to the show as a kid growing up in Chapel Hill, Holub-Moorman looks back on the year with host Frank Stasio.
Listen to the full episodes of Grant Holub-Moorman’s favorite picks:
- Bombs, Beavers And Butterfly Biologists: What Fort Bragg Teaches Us About Saving A Species
- Unlearning Colonial North Carolina
- Celebrating Indigenous Peoples’ Day in Alamance County
- In Sickness And In Health: Voices From The Archives
- ‘Hey! I’m Walkin Here’ And Other Notable Quotables On Movies On The Radio
- Ocracoke Island To Open For Thanksgiving Tourism With Residents Still Displaced
- How Natural Disasters Affect Spanish-Only Speakers Differently
- Freestyling Over Jazz: Foundations For Underground Hip Hop
- ‘The Talk:’ The Fight Over Sex Ed In North Carolina
- Embodied: The Science And Art Of Your Gut
- Meet Mir.I.am: CEO Of A Local Music Empire For Carolina’s Waviest Artists
- Wilkesboro Native Shay Martin Lovette Plays Traveling Songs
Copyright 2019 North Carolina Public Radio